ITEA is pleased to confirm that the ITEA Annual Conference and ITEA Annual School on Transportation Economics in 2022 will be co-organized by École Nationale de l’Aviation Civile (ENAC) and Toulouse Business School (TBS) in Toulouse (France).
The ITEA Annual School will be held on June 13-15, 2022. The ITEA Annual Conference will be held on June 15-17, 2022.
ITEA’s Scientific and Local Organizing Committees are thrilled to confirm that Professor Bruno Jullien (Toulouse School of Economics) will be our keynote speaker.
IMPORTANT: Due to the current pandemic, ITEA is considering – and planning accordingly – two alternative formats for its conference: in-person and online. Although the in-person format is preferred, the final decision will depend on the health situation and will be announced at a later stage. In case an online format is adopted, the structure of the school and the conference will remain similar in terms of parallel sessions and accepted submissions (i.e., around 150 papers will be accepted for presentation). Therefore, ITEA clearly ensures that both the school and the conference will not be cancelled in any case.
On behalf of École Nationale de l’Aviation Civile (ENAC) and Toulouse Business School (TBS), Professors Chantal Roucolle and Sylvain Bourjade (co-Chairs of the Local Organizing Committee) and all the members of their committee are committed to host a successful conference, by combining proficient logistics with demanding academic standards.
The aim of the ITEA Annual School is to provide young researchers with a high-quality introduction to academic research on transportation economics, including many recent advances in the field. The program consists of a series of lectures and tutorials conducted by some of the most prominent researchers in transportation economics. In addition, the students are given the possibility to present their own work at the ITEA Annual Conference.
The aim of the ITEA Annual Conference is to promote scientific excellence in the field of transportation economics and to provide a forum for scientific exchange. Research presented at the Conference covers both theory and empirical work, including all transport modes and a wide range of research methodologies. Specific topics of interest include, but are not limited to, transport pricing and investment, competition policy, transport decisions under uncertainty, agglomeration effects, valuation of intangibles, privatization, sharing economics, the economics of new transport technologies, the economics of large transport infrastructure or the political economy of transport decisions.
The extended abstract submission will start next January 1, 2022, being the deadline March 4, 2022. You are invited to submit an extended abstract (2-4 pages or 400-800 words) containing title, author(s), research question, methodology, expected results and references through conference maker (the conference-maker link will be provided at a later stage).
- January 1, 2022: Extended abstract submission starts.
- March 4, 2022: Extended abstract submission deadline.
- April 7, 2022: Notification of extended abstract acceptance (qualified to present at ITEA 2022).
- April 22 -> May 9, 2022: Early bird registration.
- May 9, 2022 (for presenters): Deadline for confirmation for participation and full paper upload for those papers to be considered for paper awards.
- May 10 -> May 31, 2022: Late registration
The call for papers ends March 4, 2022. You are invited to submit an extended abstract (2-4 pages or 400-800 words) containing title, author(s), research question, methodology, expected results and references through conference maker: http://editorialexpress.com/conference/ITEA2022.
Two prizes will be awarded at the ITEA Annual Conference: the Best Paper by a Junior Researcher and the Best Overall Paper.
- Eligibility requirements for the Best Paper by a Junior Researcher prize:
- The presenter must be the junior researcher.
- The junior researcher cannot have received his/her PhD more than four calendar years ago.
- Coauthors may be senior scholars, but they cannot belong to the Scientific Committee.
- In case of coauthored papers with senior researchers, the junior researcher is requested to accompany his/her paper with a statement explaining his/her precise contribution.
- When submitting a paper, the junior researcher must declare on the title page of the paper that he/she is a junior researcher and that he/she wants to be considered for the prize.
- A person who declares himself/herself to be a junior researcher remains eligible to win the Best Overall Paper prize that year.
- No person who has won the Best Paper by a Junior Researcher prize can win it again, but he/she is eligible to win the Best Overall Paper prize in the future.
- The Scientific Committee may decide not to award the Best Paper by a Junior Researcher prize in a given year.
- Eligibility requirements for the Best Overall Paper prize:
- Neither the presenter nor any coauthor can belong to the Scientific Committee.
- A member of the Executive Committee or School Committee not belonging to the Scientific Committee can be presenter or coauthor of a paper winning the Best Overall Paper prize.
- When submitting a paper, the presenter must declare on the title page of the paper that he/she wants to be considered for the prize.
- Previous winners of the Best Overall Paper prize are eligible to win it again.
- The Scientific Committee may decide not to award the Best Overall Paper prize in a given year.
The names of the winners of the Best Paper by a Junior Researcher prize and the Best Overall Paper prize at previous ITEA Annual Conferences can be found at https://iteaweb.org/137-2/.
For further information, please send an email to email@example.com. Please, feel free to forward this e-mail to any potentially interested researchers.
We look forward to meeting you in June 2022.
With kind regards,
- Sergio Jara-Díaz, President of International Transportation Economics Association (ITEA)
- Chantal Roucolle and Sylvain Bourjade, co-Chairs of the Local Organizing Committee
- Jos Van Ommeren, Chair of the School Committee
- Ricardo Flores-Fillol, Chair of the Scientific Committee